Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JDL 889 F aka George - 1967 MK2 Singer Chamois The Full Story !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And the interior, we seen the wood finishes done earlier but the card/millboard based interior panelling was remade from scratch using the old sections steam ironed flat to use as templates, holes punched, folded and made same as factory

For the MK 1 interior shelves Bob Allan at the Imp Club Spares department has these flat packed and ready to ship

https://www.theimpclub.co.uk/imp-club-spares-lists/

Bobs service is fantastic however bear in mind the Imp Club Spares services are open to members only, you require to be a club member to use the service.

Click image for larger version

Name:	PIC-07601.jpg
Size:	223.9 KB
ID:	4002Click image for larger version

Name:	PIC-07598.jpg
Size:	209.9 KB
ID:	4003

Name:	PIC-07600.jpg
Size:	247.4 KB
ID:	4004Click image for larger version

Name:	PIC-07599.jpg
Size:	264.3 KB
ID:	4005

Name:	PIC-07604.jpg
Size:	1.37 MB
ID:	4006Click image for larger version

Name:	PIC-07698.jpg
Size:	2.24 MB
ID:	4007

/ John

Comment

And some final shots of the car as it was taken to final assembly

including the all important door close test, a Dave Lane defined standard of excellence which I am never able to replicate !

Name:	PIC-07619.jpg
Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	4009Click image for larger version

Name:	PIC-06990.jpg
Size:	163.7 KB
ID:	4010

Name:	PIC-07241.jpg
Size:	141.9 KB
ID:	4011Click image for larger version

Name:	PIC-07641.jpg
Size:	105.4 KB
ID:	4012

Name:	PIC-07036.jpg
Size:	155.9 KB
ID:	4013Click image for larger version

Name:	PIC-07042.jpg
Size:	473.6 KB
ID:	4014

Name:	PIC-07045.jpg
Size:	1.39 MB
ID:	4015Click image for larger version

Name:	PIC-08073.jpg
Size:	1.47 MB
ID:	4016

Name:	PIC-07043.jpg
Size:	1.68 MB
ID:	4017

/ John

Comment

And of course finished !

Name:	PIC-07788DD.jpg
Size:	6.9 KB
ID:	4019
        / John

Comment

LOVE the wiring

Comment

Bob. I am on to mk 5 of that harness now that I wanted to add timed heated screen to front of car as well.

It is amazing how many options can be added for addition of only a few extra cores. I even get confused as the loom versions so far as just scribbles on paper and memory. I have never moved them to CAD which considering thats part of my day job is embarassing but there we go

The one on george was MK3 which did not change much from MK 2 except add the option for rear fog / reverse lights as standard which I terminated same area as number plate lights.

Same fuse arrangement though, pretty much same places as where Dave Lane has added his into loom except I had luxury of doing it from scratch.

MK 4 was first loom I had a main battery fuse fitted too, I added that to georges MK3 loom as it was easy to do.

Mk 4 had also these plus a heated windscreen option which I added to make use of some spare wires as I jumped to multi core cable instead of singles which needed me to wrap them. This was a slight downgrade in specification actuaklly as I totally over specified the previous ones. Everything was very expensive which good cable connectors, fuses and relays are.

The cables pre-wrapped make a hugh difference in installation time and keep the portion through the car double insulated.

So on MK 5 I gave myself a sanity check and cut out the over engineering as the wiring spec would outlast the car 10x over and was now working to a budget !

Mk5 included everything learned from all the other versions which even though I knew what i was doing was substantial knowledge ! plus more

This added in option for auxilliary sockets in car, in bonnet and in engine bay, so small isnpection lamps can be plugged in or devices charged in the car itself although i scrapped the can bus and electronics for in-car.

MK5 also supported

Spotlights (seperate battery feed through car).
            Heated/timed front windscreen (seperate battery feed through car).
            Rear and Front switched ignition supplies via relay so adding the two above did not make through car harness any bigger.
            Termination of rear fog/reverse lamps at left hand side of engine bay as may be mounted on transom rather than engine cover.
            Rear interior light which comes on wwhen hatch is opened (an idea me and Dave bounced around)
            New main fuse box arrangements off battery

What I did not do was add a high level brake light which nod mods kindly jogged my memory on, so ectra core to above rear hatch now.

I wont do a mk 6 Bob as I have no more cars to evolve it on.

But I am drawing up the MK5 version and will post the drawings and images of it going into the maroon chammy when its done towards middle of this year with a parts list on everything used.

Some of it can be seen already on the BMW wire to standard imp loom stuff I did. Here is snapshot, it is a lot easier in hands than it looks on paper, xpecially trying to draw it as the wires are routed through the car.

Name:	snapshot.jpg
Size:	142.4 KB
ID:	4432

There are a lot of the wire CSA updated but not overboard and paths from battery to device and back to battery kept short as possible (hence relays and fuses at back)

Plenty fun to be had Bob, plenty fun.

If you want a lighter version for PET then let me know.

John

/ John

Comment

Hello John
              Could you upload the complete wiring diagram ? bottom has been missed ,probably obvious if l follow it through but probably quicker if you can PLEASE.

Only a year after you posted , what happened there?
              Bob

Comment

Bob, That car is now down in Lincoln somewhere I believe, never seen it surface again

I drove it to Carlisle, fella took train up and drove it rest of way, got nice message from him saying it was the best "someone elses imp" he had ever drove and he had had imps and clans.

The rest of the wiring I will wrap up but I have been drawing up Daves Singer mods for him and a bit for Col so soon as I have finished that or made more progress I will get the rest of DDG drawings in order (I changed up some things, extra guages etc)

The latest version is below

Name:	DDC REAR WIRING.jpg
Size:	349.0 KB
ID:	12771

/ John

Comment

Working...
                X