B S Nymph

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B S Nymph

My son once had an MGB, which he couldn’t fit his golf clubs and a passenger in, so I got to drive it when he had my “modern”. This got me hooked on open top driving. So when an Imp-based rag top came up for sale, I had to go and look. And it’s a car that simply can’t be taken seriously that it just appealed for some fun. Bought in 1997. More to follow...

A gathering of Nymphs was spotted at the Stoneleigh Kit Car Show, 6 May 2007...........

Comment

And in 2008! The other blue one is now Dutch, The brown one is looking for a new home.

Comment

Certainly a fun looking summer car when the weather is shining bright I imagine.

Cheers
        Col.

Comment

I started driving it, but had a problem with any bumps in the road – the rear wheels hit the top of the inner wheel arch and made a nasty noise. Not good. Discussed with another Nymph owner, he had found the same and had needed to strengthen under the back seat where the fibreglass wasn’t thick enough. Luckily I had a friend very much into Quantum kit cars, with a brother into Imps. It went to them for the strengthening job. 3mm steel plates shaped to fit and fibreglassed in. (Jim and Michael Hearne). While they had it all apart, it was also re-wired and had a fuse box added (Imps didn’t have one!) Fast forward a very long time, but eventually it was done and solved the problem. It was off the road for so long, they moved house before it came home

Comment

Nice to see the story behind the cars Gill, gives them all their own character. Is that the one Andy was wiring ?
            / John

Comment

No John. Andy is booked to rewire John's one. Gotta clear it off first :(
              Last edited by GIllian Hill; 9 January 2020, 04:52 PM. Reason: add pics

Comment

Ah OK, I can remeber him asking about wiring routes but its Johns one.

Another Like button pressed

/ John

Comment

Working...
                X