Megasquirt Fuel injection Mod On Hillman imp Lump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Megasquirt Fuel injection Mod On Hillman imp Lump

Megasquirt Fuel injection Mod On Hillman imp Lump using WebCon 28/36 single injection point throttle body.

I am intending to try this at some point on the 998 but want to sort out getting rid of the dizzy cap and rotor and switching to drivers and coil packs first.

The ignition section on the Imp with it revving so high is a real weak spot, stdandard parts just fall to pieces unless using Mike Dents hand picked tried and tested system moose549 which is really the only robust rally tested solution out there.

Not investigated yet, 4 coils with only two triggers and wasted spark are common but I would prefer either coil pack with 4 triggers or two 2 out packs with 2 inputs.

Still, fun for summer time, I need to do same as Clark did and get a dizzy spindle machined down and integrate a trigger plate.

Same idea as a trigger wheel on the crank but smaller and not as exposed, might mot get a 120 (3 deg step) but might get 72, worst case might just need to stick to one per revolution and use the elctronics to map it out (the latter being the easy bit) the external stuff being obust needed first, no point fighting a battle on multiple fronts

To be continued once piggy bank is a bit bigger.

Might even try same as clark did using CDi unit off BMW bike, and just modifiy the electronics
    / John
Working...
X