Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring Template BMW K100 RS Into Standard Imp Wiring

Wiring Template BMW K100 RS Into Standard Imp Wiring

Redrawn from my hand written notes on the connections of the K100RS 4V Engine into our mate Jim McGurk Singer Chamois Spring Special

Note : use at own risk as I drew it from hand written notes, the idea being all the engine wiring exists on the engine with minimal connections / intrusion into the imp wiring itself.

Any errors and i am quite happy to correct them if pointed out.

This uses MOTRONIC ECU the wiring ona Jetronic / CDi system is quite different as the fuel / fire are handled seperately

The drawing lets the ECU handle all the pump prime/start and stop as well as control the electrics fan.

Bonus is the Imp also gets a wiring update as regards battery/fuse to everthing else at same time.

If anyone wants part numbers or sources for the fuse box, relays etc just ask. The starter solenoid is the standard Imp one.

One Caveat, i found the alternator on the bike engine fails to charge the battery unless there is a FILIMENT lamp between supply and the charge indicator on the alternator (led wont work) to bias the alternator to start it charging.

All ideas here free to use at your own risk

Click image for larger version

Name:	impwirek100RS4V.png
Size:	296.6 KB
ID:	2884
    Attached Files
    / John
Working...
X