Bluetooth radios and brackets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bluetooth radios and brackets

The Caledonian is getting new seats and carpets etc. To finish the update, has anyone found a bracket or panel that will fit and contain a cigarette light (for charging), USB port (for phone), Bluetooth radio conversion and is there a way to fit 4 way hazards flashers on the indicator wiring.? I did respond to someone on the other Imp page but cannot find the link, they did a Bluetooth conversion on an existing radio. Have a vintage Motorola in the garage; somewhere.

Alex

Do you already have a radio fitted.

I put all of these into Pauls Cally (KVJ 4P) but no images. I made the brackets if i recall. 911imper

Pauls been tagged.

The bluetooth head units these days are cheap but wont fit the standard holes in later dash.

These should though, classic look as well

BLUETOOTH & USB ON EBAY £15

Thats wot i use but single DIN in the van and helens car, cheap as chips

The mk3 dash, any spare apertures with blank plates to add a ciggy style socket on, otherwise i just fold up some metal to make one and coat it black.

I can borrow pauls car and make a bracket up for you if you like Alex.

/ John

Comment

Period look bracket, should fit under dash or inside glove box nicely

BRACKET

DOUBLE BRACKET

I like these sockets, but i also prefer to fuse both connections (long story)

SOCKET

Better just installing a couple of standard sockets and using one of these ciggy plug to usb connectors
      / John

Comment

John, Car has the original Chrysler radio and it lights up etc. Have a period Motorola in the boxes just need to find it. Ideally a single bracket with cigarette lighter, USB and a flasher warning switch. Also modified radio to Bluetooth etc. when I find it. I have one original speaker grill in the car and I have another in a box etc. for two small speakers in the rear bins. New original replica covers being made for the seats and new foam (thank god) as the old stuff had got to the yellow powder stage. Should also think about a temp gauge instead of the light of doom. Want to get the car as good on the inside as the outside and get it out there. It deserves it. Me too am suffering form the dreaded old age.
        Since I stopped working in Aberdeen and working from home has seen my mobility go down the toilet. A year ago, was playing walkin fitba 2 hours on a Wednesday, walkin miles, up and down 6 flights of stairs in the office. To barely moving off my computer during my 8 hour days; fortunately only a three day week. Have an exercise bike and managing 10 miles a day on that to try and regain lost mobility, hopefully.......
        If ok with you might take a wander through now that we can travel more than 5 miles. Have only seen Alan and Willie once each over the last year and no one since Ian's funeral.
        Take care, stay safe Regards Alex

Comment

Alex, yes get the light of doom sorted, I thought the cally had a temp guage, if not it is easy enough to add one in the dash itself so it looks like it should be there.

Someone local must have a spare binnacle fitted with it already. Needs a new wire from front to back, as you have the small lift it could run under car, save disturbing interior.

I have one of these spare, might even fit in the blanks for the switches on the right hand side of the dash with the heater etc.

For the USB, thats going to look out of place but single ciggy socket easy enough.

Yip, get the bits together, not hard to sort out, the temperature switch in head needs to come out and be replaced with a proper sender tho.
          / John

Comment

Alex Macrootes

Is this the peeps you were thinking of ??

http://vintagecarradio.co.uk/fm--ipod-conversion.html

/ John

Comment

Working...
            X